TOP 3 NO EQUIPMENT TOTAL BODY EXERCISES
By Physiotherapist, Vanessa Boon
Are you looking for a simple, yet effective, total body workout? Look no further, because I have put together the three most effective movements so that you can get the most out of your workouts. Don’t forget to book in for an appointment with me here if you need assistance with an injury or custom strength workouts for your core and back.
1. Crab toe touches
This exercise targets your core, glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps.
- Sit on the floor with your legs in front of you (feet and knees hip width apart) with your hands behind you and under your shoulders.
- With your feet on the floor, push through your heels and lift your hips towards the ceiling.
- Focus on engaging your core, bring your right hand up while simultaneously lifting your left leg up touching your toes and vice versa.
- Alternate back and forth doing 15 repetitions on each side.
2. Bear stance to full plank
This exercise targets your core stability, deltoids and glutes.
- Start on all fours with your wrists under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
- Keep your core engaged, back flat, lift your knees off the ground.
- Hold this position, keeping your hips stable and extend your legs out one at a time and bring them back in.
- Alternate back and forth doing 15 repetitions or for 1 minute.
3. Squat + knee lift
This exercise targets your glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, hip flexors, adductors and your core.
- Stand with feet wider than shoulder-width apart and hands behind your head.
- Sit your buttocks back keeping a 50% contraction, hinging at your hips, until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Make sure your knees and your toes are pointing forwards.
- As you push up through your heels, lift the right knee to touch your left elbow by twisting your upper body towards the raised knee and vice versa.
- Alternate side to side doing 15 repetitions or as many as you can.
These are my top 3 exercises for those who do not have any equipment at home and do not have much time. These exercises work almost every muscle in your body! Bonus, they train your core stability, coordination and balance. Here is a video link of how to do these 3 exercises:
For more information or if you would like a personalised program give us a call at 8599 9811 or book in here.